The Northern Virginia Chapter of the Virginia Dressage Association ...
... would like to thank all those who volunteer for VADA/Nova. Without them, our activities would not be possible.
The success of our events is largely dependent upon the members and non-members who volunteer their time at all of the many shows, clinics, and other activities we offer throughout the year. Read here about the kinds of jobs our volunteers do.
Whenever someone volunteers at any of our shows or clinics, we want each volunteer to know how much we appreciate their efforts. We will provide:
- As much as possible, an assignment based on your preference and experience
- A job description to outline your responsibilities
- On site training as needed
- Breakfast, lunch, and drinks throughout the day
- A special volunteer thank you gift
- “Volunteer Bucks” that can be redeemed for use at schooling shows, banquets, clinics and other activities —$5.00 “bucks” for half day and $10.00 “bucks” for a full day.
- Special “above and beyond” year end volunteer awards for those that do multiple days
- Volunteer hours for pre-show setup and take down have double value (ex. 1/2 day worked = 1 day volunteer credit)
- A chance to win the volunteer raffle -- a gift card!
- Volunteer of the year award.
- There is no limit on the number of volunteer “bucks” a member can earn
- Volunteer “bucks” cannot be used toward entry or other fees at Licensed Shows
- “Volunteer bucks” are valid at VADA/Nova schooling shows, partner shows and clinics only, not farm shows, farm organized clinics, etc.
- “Volunteer bucks” can also be used for VADA/Nova membership, clinics, our annual banquet, merchandise from various vendors (see below) and advertising fees.